The Mangar Camel safe patient lifting cushion differs only slightly from the Elk in that it has an inbuilt backrest and internal ring construction offering a more supportive lift. The unit weighs approximately 6.5kg and can lift up to 320kg.
The Camel Safe Patient Lifting cushion is recommended for use in residential homes, healthcare settings and emergency services.
Who uses the Camel?
- Ambulance Services Internationally
- Elderly Care
- Dementia Care
- EMI Care
- Bariatric Care
- Care Homes
- Rehabilitation Facilities
- Home Use
The Camel safe patient lifting cushion has been designed to lift a person from the floor with the help of one person while reducing the risk of injury to both the carer and the person who has fallen. The inbuilt backrest gives a reassuring chair-like quality and offers a fully supportive lift for a person weighing up to 320 kg (50 stone).
Who can use it?
The Camel safe patient lifting cushion is ideal for a home setting and is suitable for those not professionally medically trained in the role of carer such as a family member supporting a loved one with a health condition that affects their likelihood of falling.
- People with neurological disorders such as Multiple Sclerosis, Epilepsy, Parkinson’s Disease, Stroke, Alzheimer’s and dementia and Huntington’s disease
- Individuals with physical disabilities such as limited mobility or amputees
- Anyone with complex needs – the Camel is ideal for lifting anyone who may move around during a lift.
- The elderly – 30% of adults over 65 will fall at least once a year. This rises to 50% in the over 80s.
- Plus Size or bariatric patients who face daily mobility challenges and will often find it difficult to get back on their feet when they fall – even though they are uninjured.
- With an inbuilt backrest, the Camel cushion offers a fully supportive lift for a person up to 320kg with minimal moving and manual handling requirements.
- Lightweight (weighing only 6.5kgs/14 lbs) and can be used inside or outside in situations where many alternative lifting devices may not be suitable.
- The Camel is inflated using battery operated Airflo compressor and can be packed away into a discreet bag.
Mangar Safe Patient Lifting Cushions
For all Mangar product enquiries please call us on (07) 3474 6575
send an email to email@example.com
Servicing Brisbane, Brisbane Southside, Gold Coast, Hinterland, Ipswich, Slacks Creek, Logan, Springwood, Daisy Hill, Mount Gravatt, Sunnybank, Sunnybank Hills, Parkinson, Holland Park, Carindale, Wynnum, Cleveland, Manly, Redland Bay, Wellington Point, Logan City, Beenleigh, Browns Plains, Park Ridge, Underwood, Rochedale, Wishart, Brisbane, Brisbane Southside, Gold Coast, Loganlea, Coomera, Shailer Park, Mount Cotton, Carbrook, Loganholme, Tana Merah, Logan, Woodridge, Eight Mile Plains, Mansfield, Beaudesert, Coomera, Hope Island, Burleigh Heads, Tambourine Mountain, Canungra, Yarrabilba, Southport, Helensvale, Runaway Bay, Paradise Point, Tweed Heads and Coolangatta.