Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle
The VW Caddy Van is the perfect solution for a family needing to transport a wheelchair. As a vehicle, Volkswagon have a terrific reputation and warranty, with service and repairs available country-wide.
Using the Tripod Mobility Kit we can convert your VW Caddy into a Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle. The Tripod Kit is designed in Europe and incorporates a wide range of features
We appreciate that the vehicle is an expensive investment that needs to last for many years. The main component used is STAINLESS STEEL, something that won’t rust or corrode. This is the part that appeals to me personally. Over the years, I have seen plenty of modified vehicles and many are fabricated utilising mild steel, which often rusts. We also rust proof any other areas necessary.
- Easy to operate, compact & lightweight ramp.
- Hydraulic kneeling suspension (Automatically rises when door is closed).
- Ramp is short due to the above feature, which is perfect for shopping centre car parks.
- Deep and level, full stainless steel inner floor assembly (light weight and rust free).
- 60 litre custom made stainless fuel tank to accommodate the floor.
- Utilises the full original bumper bar and sensors.
- Strong stainless steel inner side walls to protect from wheelchair damage.
- LED lights in the wheelchair well
- Spare-wheel is mounted on the left hand side with a cover.
A Entry Height = 1430mm
B AV Internal Height = 1470mm
C Tray length = 1495mm
D Ramp Width = 800mm
E Ramp Length = 960mm
When it comes to restraint systems you cant beat the high quality Q’Straint products
The package comprises:
Front Electric restraints -”Slide & Click “rear restraints –Retractable Sash Belt.
For more information on the Tripod Wheelchair Conversion for the VW Caddy call us on (07) 3474 6575