Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle
The VW Caddy Van is the perfect solution for a family needing to transport a wheelchair. As a vehicle, Volkswagon have a terrific reputation and warranty, with service and repairs available country-wide.
Using the Tripod Mobility Kit we can convert your VW Caddy into a Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle. The Tripod Kit is designed in Europe and incorporates a wide range of features
We appreciate that the vehicle is an expensive investment that needs to last for many years. The main component used is STAINLESS STEEL, something that won’t rust or corrode. This is the part that appeals to me personally. Over the years, I have seen plenty of modified vehicles and many are fabricated utilising mild steel, which often rusts. We also rust proof any other areas necessary.
Ramp Up – Ramp Down
- Easy to operate, compact & lightweight ramp.
- Upgraded rear suspension to carry the additional loads
- Deep and level, full stainless steel inner floor assembly (light weight and rust free)
- Floor pan is designed to accommodate the OEM Fuel and Add Blue Tanks
- Utilises the full original bumper bar and sensors.
- Strong stainless steel inner side walls to protect from wheelchair damage.
- Switchable LED lights in the wheelchair well.
- Spare-wheel is mounted on the left hand side with a cover.
- Braunability Front electric restraints
- Braunability “Slide & Click” rear restraints
- Braunability 3 point adjustable / retractable lap / sash belt.
- Restraint holder.
A Entry Height = 1430mm
B AV Internal Height = 1420mm
C Tray length = 1430mm
D Ramp Width = 800mm
E Ramp Length = 1350mm
When it comes to restraint systems you cant beat the high quality Braunablity products
The package comprises:
- Front Electric restraints
- Slide & Click rear restraints
- Retractable Sash Belt.
The vehicle from standard is fitted with an Electric rear door latch.
In the event of a flat battery the rear door can be manually opened easily.
VW Caddy Generation 5 – Wheelchair Conversion